Welcome to SOL Research. This website was established to provide factual information about sex laws and their effects on people and society.
Some of the key findings that emerged from the research for this site are:
- Tens of thousands people are on the sex crime registry for sexual behavior when they were children or adolescents, some as young as ten years old. Their crimes include innocently playing doctor or normal, consensual, teenage love affairs.
- Many people are on the registry for innocuous crimes, such as breastfeeding or streaking.
- As of 2007, one out of every 220 men in the United States was on the sex crime registry.
- The federal sentence for photographing a 17-year-old with an erection is twice as severe as for attempting to kill him.
- A substantial number of people complain about being labeled as victims when they dont agree.
Page posted on January 28, 2009, updated January 29, 2009, June 29, 2009, September 7, 2009, January 21, 2014.
Page copyright © 2009..2014, SOL Research. All rights reserved.